What is a Vampire Facial?
The Vampire Facial is a revolutionary, natural method of using your own blood-derived growth factors to rejuvenate your face.
The technique is a non-surgical, drug-free procedure with almost instantaneous results for a younger-looking face. It combines the science of microneedling with your own Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP).
Why the Vampire Facial?
- Softening of fine lines and wrinkles
- Tighter and softer skin
- More even skin texture, color, and tone
- Natural treatment with no allergic reactions and minimal-to-no discomfort
How do I get started?
Call us at 513-791-9474 to book an appointment.
Dr. Lovett is thrilled to offer the Vampire FaceLiftⓇ procedure to empower women and improve their beauty goals. He trained with Dr. Charles Runels, creator of the VampireⓇ procedures, O-ShotⓇ, and P-ShotⓇ, to learn the inventor’s unique techniques. Only members of Dr. Runels’ provider group have been trained by him and are qualified to perform this procedure. Your Wellness Center is a licensed provider of the trademark Vampire procedures.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Scars from trauma, acne, or chickenpox
- Gray skin color due to less blood flow from aging
- Fine vertical lines around the mouth
- Uneven skin texture
- A “worn”, “droopy”, or “tired” appearance
- Unsatisfying results from skin creams, facial peels, prescription medications, cosmetic surgery, or fillers
There are 4 steps to the treatment:
- Blood is drawn and placed in a centrifuge. Just like any other blood draw, this blood sample will be taken from your arm. The blood sample will be put in a specialized machine to extract Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) from your blood. This process will activate 8 growth factors that normally help heal wounds.
- Numbing cream is applied to the face to limit discomfort.
- You receive a microneedling treatment. This induces micro-injuries to the skin to stimulate self-repair through new collagen synthesis. Because your face has been numbed with the anesthetic cream, you will feel little or no discomfort.
- PRP is massaged into the face. The growth factors activate multipotent stem cells already in your face, creating the magic reaction that increases collagen and new blood flow.
This is a quick, usually painless, non-surgical procedure for men and women looking to rejuvenate their face. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) from your blood is microneedled into your facial tissue for enhancement and to stimulate your body’s natural healing process. You can also upgrade to have the PRP injected into your facial tissue for further enhancement.
The appointment is scheduled for 1 hour, but the actual treatment time is only 20 minutes. This ensures you have adequate time for us to draw your blood, answer questions, and discuss your goals without feeling rushed.
While one treatment may be all that is needed, some people may desire additional treatments for further amplification. It is recommended to have maintenance treatments every year.
There is no pre-care required.
For a full post-treatment plan, please see the form “Vampire Facial consent” form in the box to the right. A quick run-down of post-care includes:
- Avoid anti-inflammatories for 14 days after the procedure
- Avoid exercise, alcohol, and hot/cold extremes for 24 hours post injection
- You may take Tylenol for discomfort but it is rarely needed
- A 15-minute follow-up appointment will be scheduled in 4 weeks
Initial improvement can be seen within 4 weeks with the maximum results seen in 10-13 weeks. Results typically last between 8 months and 2 years, although it is recommended to have maintenance treatments every year.
For more information, please see the “Vampire Facial consent” form in the box to the right. Our providers will work with you to minimize discomfort and/or side effects.
- Initial swelling or bruising
- Mild bleeding from the injection sites
Many men and women are able to get a Vampire Facial. We will examine your medical history and symptoms to determine if this is the optimal treatment for you.