What is SkinTyte™?
SkinTyte™ is a non-invasive treatment to tighten mild-to-moderate laxity of the skin – with no downtime!
As our skin ages, we lose collagen and elastin, the 2 key components to maintaining youthful, plump-looking skin. SkinTyte is based on the principle of selective “photothermolysis”, which utilizes infrared thermal energy to deeply heat collagen in the skin. This activates the body’s repair response to make and remodel collagen, increasing the skin’s firmness. Powerful cooling maintains the outer surface of your skin at a cool temperature before, during, and after each pulse, providing a comfortable and safe procedure.
We love partnering SkinTyte with BBL Anti-Aging for an even more youthful skin appearance.
- Mild-to-moderate, noticeable skin-tightening improvement without surgery
- Activates the body’s repair response for a natural healing treatment
- Remodels collagen and increases the skin’s firmness
- Safe and comfortable procedure
How do I get started?
Call us at 513-791-9474 to book an appointment or free consultation on SkinTyte.
Frequently Asked Questions
SkinTyte is safe for all skin colors and can be performed on any area of the body where an improvement in skin firmness is desired. Popular areas include the face, neck, abdomen, thighs, and upper arms.
The SkinTyte light energy is delivered in a sequence of rapid, gentle pulses. Typically, a topical anesthetic is not used, however, our medical provider may choose to use one on more sensitive areas. A series of pulses will be repeated over the treatment area to ensure the best results.
One treatment for the face or neck typically takes 30-45 minutes, but it can vary depending on the volume of the area treated.
Typically, we recommend 3-5 treatment sessions to achieve maximum collagen-rebuilding and skin-firming, however, our medical providers will work with you to create an individualized treatment plan.
There is no pre-care required.
For a full post-treatment plan, please see the form “SkinTyte take home instructions” in the box to the right. A quick run-down of post-care includes:
- Strictly avoid any sun exposure to treated area for a minimum of 7 days
- Wear SPF 30+ every day to protect your skin from direct sun exposure
- Avoid scented lotions, soaps, exfoliant creams, acne creams or gels, loofa sponges, etc. until sensitivity has subsided
- Avoid hot or cold water, shaving, swimming pools, and spas until sensitivity has subsided
Patients may see immediate firming results right after treatment, but the full effect of improvement will be seen several months after treatment. This is because it takes time for your collagen to rebuild.
SkinTyte is non-invasive, so there is no downtime. Clients can immediately resume their normal activities and can even apply makeup or sunscreen after each session with no visible signs of treatment.
For more information, please see the “SkinTyte consent form” in the box to the right. Our providers will work with you to minimize discomfort and/or side effects.
- Mild redness in the treated area (will fade in a few minutes)
- Temporary mild burning, bruising, or discoloration
The procedure is recommended for those who desire mild-to-moderate, noticeable skin-tightening improvement without surgery. Most people are able to undergo SkinTyte, however, some clients may not be eligible if they are or have:
- Pregnant or lactating
- Use photosensitizing medications or drugs
- Used Accutane within the last 6-12 months
- Compromised immune systems
- Active infections
- Anticoagulant medications
- History of skin cancer or keloid formation