Learn all about Peptide Therapy here at Your Wellness Center in Cincinnati!
What are Peptides?
Peptides are chains of amino acids, commonly referred to as the “building blocks” of proteins. They are found and produced naturally in the body, like proteins, but smaller and contain less amino acids. When at optimal levels and functioning properly, peptides help our body tap into its natural healing properties. They allow our body to live in a more optimal state of health.
Every peptide has its own role within the body, such as cognitive function, hormone production, inflammation, assisting with diet or exercise, healing properties, and more.
What is Peptide Therapy?
Although our body produces peptides naturally, as we age we may see a decline in the number and quality of peptides being produced. Peptide therapy is all about restoring that natural production of peptides and in turn, hopefully restoring our quality of life. More often than not it’s to address a specific health concern.
Much like hormone replacement therapy, peptide therapy works to restore a sense of balance to our bodies. Peptides act as chemical messengers, communicating with all the different areas within our body and helping to maintain the proper functioning of those areas. Without the right amount (and quality) of these amino acid chains, that communication is disrupted and throws off our body’s sense of equilibrium.
What are the potential benefits of Peptide Therapy?
Here are some of the most common potential benefits of peptide therapy:
- Quicken our body’s healing processes
- Improve hormone production
- Assist in tissue repair
- Enhance cognitive functions
- Reduce pain and post-surgical healing
- Faster post-workout recovery
- Improved skin health and hair growth
- Lower blood pressure
- Increase in energy, strength, and stamina
- Can help with weight loss
- Better quality of sleep
- Anti-aging properties
- Lessen joint and muscle pain
While studies show positive results, note that these benefits are just potential ones—we make no guarantee that you will experience the exact reactions listed here.
What is the treatment process like?
Treatment is most often administered through subcutaneous injections (meaning under the skin). This gets the peptides into our bloodstream faster, letting our body use them both more efficiently and effectively. There are, however, some peptides that are available as topical or oral medication.
Here at Your Wellness Center in Cincinnati, your peptide therapy comes in the form of an at-home, self-administered injection kit. Specific bloodwork is required prior to purchasing the “CJC 1295 + Ipamorelin” peptide treatment kit. While no bloodwork is required for the other treatment options, if you are a new patient you will need to schedule a consultation first.
- New Patients: You will first need to schedule an initial, 30-minute consult with one of our providers. Once you have met and discussed treatment options with one of our providers (and any necessary bloodwork is completed), you will be able to purchase your at-home peptide therapy kit (see treatment options below).
- Current Patients: If you are already a current Hormone Therapy or Weight Loss patient, you can discuss peptide therapy with a provider at your next follow-up appointment. Then you will be able to move forward with the process (see treatment options below).
Once any necessary labs are acquired and reviewed by one of our providers (again, only if you are interested in the “CJC 1295 + Ipamorelin”)—a member of our staff will call you to collect payment and order your peptide therapy kit.
Why should you consider Peptide Therapy?
There are little-to-no side effects with peptide therapy, as peptides are already natural to the body. It recognizes them and wants to work with them to restore proper cell functions. If you feel as though your quality of life may not be what it once was (or should be), then it may be time to consider treatment.
If you read the above benefits and thought to yourself, “Do I need help with that?”, it may be the right time to sit down with one of our providers and discuss if peptide therapy is the best option for you. Our goal is to get you back to an optimal state of health and living. Peptide therapy may be the answer to all of your problems!
What Peptide Therapy Treatment options are available?
Depending on what symptoms or conditions you’re looking to address, there are a variety of peptide therapy treatment options available. During your discussion with a provider, they’ll work with you to decide which treatment would be best for your individual needs.
Here are the peptide therapy treatments and all of their possible benefits:
CJC 1295 + Ipamorelin
- Increased growth hormone release
- Decreased fat mass and increase lean body mass
- Improve immune system
- Endurance, energy sleep quality
- May increase protein synthesis and cellular repair
- Decrease appetite
- Gastrointestinal issues (IBS, ulcers)
- Wound healing
- Joint health and ligament repair
- Aid in decreased fat mass
- Support cognitive performance
- ED in men and hypoactive sexual desire in women
- Enhance sexual satisfaction and improve low libido in men and women
- Increased melanin production and increase energy
- Increase in FHS and LH release ꓿ Increase in testosterone
- Increase libido
- Improve cognitive function
- Increased energy
- Improvement with PCOS
Semaglutide (*see below)
- Improve blood sugar levels
- Decrease in fat mass and lowers BMI
- Promotes fat burning
- Cardiovascular benefits
*Semaglutide, while a peptide, follows a separate treatment protocol from our other peptide therapy treatment options. Please visit our Semaglutide treatment page to learn about that process and how to get started.
How do I get started?
Wondering how to get started with the Peptide Therapy process here at Your Wellness Center in Cincinnati? If you are a new patient, fill out our initial consultation form. A member of our staff will then be in touch (within 24-48 hours of our normal business hours) to get you scheduled for an initial consultation with one of our providers. If you are a current patient, you can discuss Peptide Therapy treatment options with your provider at your next follow-up appointment.
You can always call us at (513)-791-9474 with any questions. We’re here to help!