Halo Laser Treatment
What is Halo?
Halo is a state-of-the-art laser treatment that eliminates years of damage and restores your youthful skin. As you age, your skin develops sun spots and wrinkles, contributing to the loss of your bright, healthy skin tone. Not all lasers can remove the deep damage like Halo can. Halo precisely targets the right depth and restores the luminous glow.
- Customizable treatment to precisely target skin damage
- Improvement in the appearance of tone, texture, fine lines, and wrinkles
- Reduces pore size
- Increases reflectivity and glow
- Flexibility in treatment levels and downtime
How do I get started?
Call us at 513-791-9474 to book an appointment or free consultation for Halo.
Frequently Asked Questions
Halo precisely targets years of damage to your skin, including:
- Sun damage
- Visible signs of aging
- Uneven skin tone
- Enlarged pores
- Poor texture
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Scar revision
The most common areas include the face, neck, chest, arms, and hands.
A topical anesthetic and integrated cooling technology are used so most patients experience very little discomfort. Most patients describe the treatment as a feeling of heat with occasional prickling sensations.
After the treatment, most patients will continue to feel warm for an additional 45-60 minutes or longer with deeper treatment levels.
The appointment is scheduled for 2 hours, but the actual treatment time is only 10-20 minutes. This ensures you have adequate time to numb, ask questions, and discuss your goals without feeling rushed.
We typically recommend 1-2 deep treatments or multiple less deep ones to achieve a similar goal over a longer period of time. Our trained providers will discuss your goals and skin to create a plan that works for your needs.
Pre-care steps include:
- Stop Retinol 5-7 days before Halo
- No active tan or recent sun exposure
- People prone to cold sores need pre-treatment with an antiviral medication
- People prone to acne need pre-treatment with an antibiotic
- Wear sunscreen every day
For a full post-treatment plan, please see the form “Halo take home instructions” in the box to the right. A quick run-down of post-care includes:
- Sleep in an elevated position for the first 2-3 nights
- Do not scratch or exfoliate your skin until MENDS exfoliate off naturally
- Avoid the sun and strenuous exercise until the skin has completely healed
- Use provided skin care kit daily
You will be able to see initial results between 2-5 days following treatment, but your skin will continue to improve over time. Most patients see the greatest pigmentary improvement in the first 2-3 weeks. This is followed by a dermal regeneration phase that continues to improve for months.
For more information, please see the “Halo take home instructions” form in the box to the right. Our licensed providers will work with you to minimize discomfort and/or side effects.
- Redness (first 36 hours)
- MENDS (microscopic epidermal necrotic debris) will appear on day 2-5
- Pinpoint bleeding
A skin care consultation is required before Halo can be scheduled. Halo is a good option for men and women who are looking for radiant, healthy skin. There are a few people Halo is not appropriate for:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Anyone who has taken Accutane (or its generic forms) within the last year
- Anyone on anticoagulants