What are facials?
Facials are skin care treatments that help brighten, exfoliate, hydrate, peel, and nourish your skin. Our facials come in three forms – HydraFacial, basic, and pampered. Our basic facial includes the following steps:
- Cleanser – removes makeup, dirt, oils
- Dermaplaning – optional add-on that removes “peach fuzz” hair
- Steam – opens pores
- Extractions – clears clogged pores of blackheads and oils
- Masks – brightens, purifies, exfoliates, or hydrates the skin
- SPF application
The pampered facial includes all of the above steps, plus a 5 minute facial massage!
Learn about the difference between Dermabrasion, Microdermabrasion, and HydraFacials right here.
- Exfoliates away dead skin cells
- Hydrates dry skin
- Brightens and purifies
- Removes blackheads, dirt, oil, makeup, and other grime from pores
- Improves appearance of wrinkles, skin tone and vibrancy, skin texture, and brown spots
What is the HydraFacial like?
Here’s a excerpt from a client’s first time experiencing the HydraFacial:
“I told her I wanted to treat 3 things:
- Acne (no one enjoys breakouts)
- Sun damage
It wasn’t hard to see that my skin is really oily, and that I needed a treatment to clear out the oil, blackheads, and whiteheads and prepare my skin for an after summer special.
Our first step in my new skin care routine was my first HydraFacial. The process was a lot quicker than I thought. You’re so relaxed during the treatment that the time just flies by. Plus, it doesn’t hurt whatsoever. All you can feel is a cool suction across your face (almost like poking and suction at the same time).”
You can read the entire testimonial here.
How do I get started?
Call us at 513-791-9474 to book an appointment or free consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Facials are relaxing treatments that are performed on your forehead, cheeks, and chin.
Our basic facial takes about 30 minutes, while our pampered facial takes an hour.
Skin loves routine, so our licensed cosmetologist and esthetician will work with you to develop a care plan to keep your skin consistently healthy! Most people can expect a recommendation of one facial a month.
There is no pre-care required.
For a full post-treatment plan, please see the form “Facial take home instructions” in the box to the right. A quick run-down of post-care includes:
- Avoid aggressive exfoliation, waxing, and Retin-A products for one week after treatment
- Wear SPF 30+ for the first 2 weeks post-treatment (this is a MUST).
- Use a gentle, non-comedogenic cleanser. Do not use toner for 48 hours.
- Avoid the steam room for 48 hours.
- Use sterile makeup applicators and refrain from touching your face after your appointment.
You will be able to see a noticeable difference a few days following treatment.
For more information, please see the “Facial take home instructions” form in the box to the right. Our licensed cosmetologist and esthetician will work with you to minimize discomfort and/or side effects.
- Outbreak of cold sores or fever blisters for those prone to these issues
- Temporary irritation, tightness, and/or redness
- Light flaking
Facials are a good option for many people, but our licensed cosmetologist and esthetician will discuss your health and beauty history with you prior to your first session to ensure your goals can be achieved.