What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash Extensions are used to enhance the appearance of your eyelashes, making them darker, fuller, thicker, curlier, and/or longer than your natural lashes. The semi-permanent extensions can be made of mink, horsehair, or synthetic materials and are applied individually with glue. Most clients can expect to see their eyelash appearance improve, normally 30-50% thicker and 20-50% longer. Eyelash extensions are the best option for women who want to go “all in” with their lashes and ditch the mascara, lash curler, and daily fake lashes every morning. It is possible to wake up with natural-looking or luxurious lashes!
Why eyelash extensions?
- 30-50% thicker lashes
- 20-50% longer lashes
- Ditch the mascara and eyelash curler
- Choose your length and curl – natural to luxurious
- No more daily fake eyelash applications
What are the treatment areas? What does it feel like?
Lash extensions are applied to each individual eyelash using adhesive.
How long does one treatment take?
The first treatment (a full set) takes about 2 hours. Touch-up appointments (fill) take about an hour. Removal only takes 15 minutes.
How many treatments are recommended?
We recommend touch-ups every 2-3 weeks. Extensions will typically last 6-8 weeks, but due to your natural lash growth cycle, you will need touch-ups every couple of weeks to maintain fullness. Our licensed cosmetologist and esthetician will work with you to determine how often you will need refills.
What pre- and post-care is required?
There is no pre-care required.
For a full post-treatment plan, please see the form “Lash extension take home instructions” in the box to the right. A quick run-down of post-care includes:
- Do not rub your eye area.
- Do not use oil-based products, including makeup remover or cleanser.
- Do not use waterproof mascara (we encourage no mascara).
- Wash with lukewarm, plain water.
- Cleanse and brush lashes daily with warm water and provided brusher.
- Avoid water 12-24 hours after application or touch-up.
- Do NOT try to remove extensions yourself, as that can damage your natural lashes. This includes picking or peeling a loose lash.
What are the possible side effects?
For more information, please see the “Lash extension take home instructions” form in the box to the right. Our licensed cosmetologist and esthetician will work with you to minimize discomfort and/or side effects.
- Eye irritation, itching, or burning
Am I a candidate and how do I get started?
Lash extensions are a great option for men and women with short, brittle, light-colored, or sparse natural lashes. They are also used to enhance natural lashes. Call us at 513-791-9474 to book an appointment or free consultation.