Vaginal dryness, painful intercourse, and urinary incontinence are three of the most common problems reported by women after childbirth, episiotomies, and menopause. These changes can happen slowly or quickly, and often have a huge, negative impact on their self-image, health, and relationships.
This is where diVa, a confidential and safe laser treatment, steps in to help.
What is diVa?
diVa™ is the first and only revolutionary Hybrid Fractional Laser (HFL) for vaginal health. It uses two wavelengths to resurface the tissue and stimulate new collagen growth to help improve:
- Vaginal Laxity (looseness)
- Vaginal Drying
- Loss of Bladder Control (Urinary Incontinence)
- Scar Tissue from an Episiotomy
- Painful Intercourse
- Post-Menopausal Symptoms
- Lack of Libido
- Decreased Sexual Satisfaction
- Intimacy Challenges
We are proud to be the ONLY diVa provider in the Greater Cincinnati Area!
- Customization – as the world’s first HFL for laser vaginal therapy, it’s able to be customized for your specific needs
- Full coverage – using the only high precision automated handpiece that automatically rotates 360 degrees, it ensures full coverage of the vaginal canal
- Minimal user error – other services require manual manipulation of the handpiece, but diVa is automatic and thus reduces chance of error
- Shorter treatment – the automation turns diVa into a 3-5 minute procedure vs. other services that require 30-40 minutes
- Comfortable and hygienic – the strengthened quartz dilator ensures comfort and no cross-contamination between patients
How do I get started?
The easiest way to get started is to fill out a health history form. Our providers will look over your symptoms and history before contacting you to get your initial bloodwork scheduled.
Frequently Asked Questions
diVa is a Hybrid Fractional Laser (HFL) that combines two wavelengths penetrating at different depths for a customized treatment based on your individual needs.
- Wavelength 1: Used for precise ablation to resurface the vaginal tissue, increasing vaginal lubrication and decreasing pain during intercourse.
- Wavelength 2: Heats up collagen in the deep layer of the tissue to (1) increase vaginal tightness, elasticity, and sensation; and (2) improve urinary control.
A topical numbing cream is applied to ensure your comfort. One of our licensed providers will then insert a quartz dilator into the vagina which will cause a sensation of pressure against the vaginal wall. The dilator smooths the vaginal rugae, ensuring full coverage of the treatment area. The HFL technology then resurfaces the vaginal tissue, which may cause a feeling of warmth and/or minimal discomfort.
Depending on your systems, each treatment takes 3-8 minutes to treat the full length of the vaginal canal.
We recommend a series of 3 treatments spaced 4 weeks apart, with maintenance treatments every 6-12 months.
There is no pre-care required.
For a full post-treatment plan, please see the form “diVa take home instructions” in the box to the right. A quick run-down of post-care includes:
- Sexual intercourse, douching, and inserting tampons should be avoided for 48 hours
- Avoid hot tubs and swimming for 7 days
- Use gentle bath tissues to reduce sensitivity
- Avoid shampoo or harsh cleansers directly on the treated area
No downtime is required, so clients can immediately return to their daily routine.
You may be able to see a noticeable difference within a few weeks of your first treatment. Some women do not see results until after their second treatment.
For more information, please see the “diVa take home instructions” form in the box to the right. Our licensed providers will work with you to minimize discomfort and/or side effects.
- Temporarily increased sensitivity near the vaginal opening
- Discharge, spotting, or mild cramping may occur (it typically subsides within 24-48 hours)
- Temporary itching as old tissue is shed and new tissue is formed
Yes. The most common treatment done in conjunction with diVa is diVaTyte™, a non-invasive, no downtime, aesthetic procedure that uses light to heat the deep layer in targeted structures of the vulva (external structures surrounding the vagina). The body’s repair response is activated to make and remodel collagen, improving the vagina’s external appearance and tightening the vaginal opening and folds.
Women of all ages can benefit from the non-surgical rejuvenation diVa treatments, because the vagina changes with age just like every other body part.
- Women in their 20s or those who haven’t had children yet can benefit from diVa vaginal tissue rejuvenation treatments for enhanced sexual function and better orgasms.
- Women in their 30s and 40s may be candidates due to the effects of childbirth, which stretches the vaginal tissue. Repeated childbirths may prohibit the vaginal tissue from returning to its’ pre-childbirth state. This stretching diminishes vaginal health and affects surrounding tissue, such as the perineum (the area between the vagina and anus). In addition, women who had an episiotomy (a surgical incision in the perineum made to enlarge the vaginal opening prior to delivery) may be ideal candidates for diVa because the scar tissue that forms can often lead to painful or uncomfortable intercourse.
- Women in their 40s, 50s, and 60s may have decreased estrogen production in the ovaries if they’ve experienced menopause, a hysterectomy, or chemotherapy. A lack of estrogen results in thin, dry, and even inflamed vaginal walls. diVa decreases this vaginal discomfort by repairing and tightening vaginal tissues and increasing lubrication.
For information on who diVa is NOT recommended for, please see the Contraindications in the sidebar.