What are dermal fillers?
Injectable dermal fillers are FDA-approved treatments to restore volume loss and smooth out fine lines and wrinkles that are caused by aging, sun damage, fat loss, heredity, gravity, and muscle action.
Our fillers are comprised of hyaluronic acid, a natural substance already existing in the body. It’s responsible for providing the youthful look through volume and fullness.
Why injectable dermal fillers?
- Adds volume to flat lips
- Improves deflated, sagging, and flat cheeks
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
4 Myths about Dermal Fillers
- That they’re toxic and harmful: False! They are made of Hyaluronic Acid, a product our body makes naturally that gives us volume and keeps our skin hydrated. Unfortunately, we lose Hyaluronic Acid as we age, which leads to sagging skin, a loss of plump facial fat, and sunken facial features.
- You don’t see the effects immediately: False! Unlike Botox/Dysport, which takes 1-2 weeks to see the full effect, the effects of fillers are seen immediately
- They can only be injected into the cheeks: False! There are many types of dermal fillers, allowing injectors to pick the best product for specific locations. The most common uses are in the lips, cheeks, and the lines around the mouth (called NasoLabial Folds or Marionette Lines).
- Your face will look puffy or stiff: False! Dermal Fillers can be injected gradually so results are subtly obtained. Our injectors typically recommend starting with 2-3 syringes, and adding more as desired. Our goal is always to achieve a natural look.
How do I get started?
Contact us below to learn more about how we can improve volume and fullness with fillers, or submit an online consultation form to get started.
We offer free consultations where our certified injectors will discuss your desires, the estimated syringes you’ll need, and provide a cost estimate.
Be sure to check out some of our other blogs filled with tips for optimal living- click here!
You can also check out our YouTube Channel for more skincare treatment videos.
Frequently Asked Questions
Temples, cheeks, lips, under the eyes, and in the facial lines that form around the nose and mouth.
There will be minimal to moderate discomfort. Some of the dermal fillers contain lidocaine (an anesthetic), which helps numb the treatment site.
Less than 30 minutes and requires no downtime.
Dermal fillers are temporary, meaning most people need maintenance treatments every 6 months. Some fillers last up to 2 years. Our experts will discuss lifestyle factors and develop a maintenance plan for you. We may also recommend a combination therapy with other popular aesthetic procedures to further enhance your outcome.
There is no pre-care required.
For a full post-treatment plan, please see the “Dermal Filler take home instructions” in the box to the right. A quick run-down of post-care includes:
- Don’t touch the treated area for 6 hours following treatment. Apply makeup lightly.
- Avoid exercise, alcohol, and extreme hot/cold for 24 hours post-injection.
- Cold compresses can be used immediately after treatment to help reduce swelling.
You’ll see noticeable improvement instantly.
For more information, please see the “Dermal Filler consent form” in the box to the right. Our licensed skin care experts will work with you to minimize discomfort and/or side effects.
- Bruising (Aspirin and anti-inflammatory medications may increase the risk; discontinue 10 days prior to decrease bruising)
- Minimal redness and swelling
Most people are candidates for dermal fillers.