Why Chemical Peeling?
Chemical peels are used to safely remove the damaged outer layer of the skin, and they promote collagen remodeling, which helps create younger-looking skin. Chemical peels can be used to:
- Treat adult and teenage acne
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles, creating smoother and softer skin
- Minimize scars, including acne scars
- Decrease pigmented lesions
- Minimize pores
- Treat Melasma and Rosacea
What Chemical Peels are available?
Your Wellness Center MedSpa offers six different in-office Vi Peels. Based on your individual skin conditions and needs, our providers will select the most appropriate peel for your skin.
What are the Treatment Areas?
The most common places to use the Vi Peel are the face and neck, however, the peels can also be applied to the chest, back, arms, elbows, hands, legs, and knees.
What Should I Expect After the Treatment? How Long Will it Take to Recover?
Immediately after the Vi Peel, your skin may look slightly red or even tan for the first 48 hours. On day 3, the peeling will begin. For the superficial Vi Peels, the peeling process lasts the next 2-3 days. For the medium depth peels, the peeling process can last up to 5-7 days.
How Many Treatments are Recommended?
You can have a Vi Peel every month, but typically, regular use of the Vi Peel is recommended 3-4 times a year.
What Pre- and Post-Care is Required?
No skin preparation is required the week before having the Vi Peel. After receiving the peel treatment in our office, clients are given a take-home kit with all the necessary products for post-care. The cost of the kit is included in the cost of the Vi Peel, and no additional products will need to be purchased.
Am I a Candidate?
Most clients are able to get the chemical peel treatments, however, some clients may not be eligible if they:
- Are pregnant or lactating
- Have open cuts, lesions, cold sores, or warts in the treatment area
- Have Aspirin, Hydroquinone, or phenol allergies
- Have Telangiectasias (vascular structure)
- Are sunburned or have had significant sun exposure in the last 2 days
- Have used Accutane within the last 3 months
- Have had radiation, surgery, or cryosurgery in the last 6 weeks
How Do I Get Started?
Contact us below to learn more about how we can help create younger and smoother looking skin with the ViPeel, or submit an online consultation form to set up a free consultation. Our medical providers will work with you to develop a treatment plan to help you reach your beauty goals!