BBL Acne Treatments
What is BBL Acne?
BBL Acne (aka Forever Clear BBL™) is an innovative technology that uses pulsed light energy to target acne-causing bacteria on the surface of the skin and in the sebaceous gland.
BBL (BroadBand Light™) is a safer, more effective alternative to traditional acne oral medications like antibiotics and Accutane. It is a non-invasive and gentle procedure with virtually no downtime.
Why BBL Acne?
- 40-80% reduction and prevention of acne lesions
- Destroy or minimize acne bacteria
- Minimize overproduction of sebaceous oil glands
- Reduce inflammation
- Decreases pore size
- Reduce acne scars
How do I get started?
Contact us below to learn more about how we can reduce the appearance of acne and/or acne scarring with our BBL Acne treatments, or submit an online consultation form to get started.
Frequently Asked Questions
The most common treatment areas are the face and back.
The procedure is gentle, non-invasive, and safe. You may briefly feel a warm or light “rubber band snap” sensation as the light is absorbed by the targeted area. Generally, there is no need for a topical anesthetic, but our skin experts may choose to use it on more sensitive areas. Your eyes will be protected with safety shields or glasses.
20-45 minutes, depending on the size of the area to be treated.
Initially, we recommend a series of 3 or 6 treatments, followed by maintenance treatments as needed. Our trained experts work with you to personalize a skin care plan based on your skin needs and the level of improvement you desire. We may also recommend a combination therapy with other popular aesthetic procedures to further enhance your outcome.
- Avoid sun exposure in the area to be treated for 3 weeks prior to treatment
- Let self-tanning lotion fade from the skin 7-10 days prior to treatment
For a full post-treatment plan, please see the “Forever Clear BBL take home instructions” in the box to the right. A quick run-down of post-care includes:
- Avoid tanning beds and direct sunlight exposure for 7-14 days.
- Wear SPF 30+ and reapply every 2 hours.
- Avoid shaving, scented lotions, and aggressive scrubbing.
- Don’t pick, scratch, or remove scabs.
In most cases, you are able to return to work, apply makeup, and resume most of your activities immediately.
You can see improvement in a few days after one treatment, but a series of treatments will dramatically increase your results for clearer skin.
For more information, please see the “Forever Clear BBL consent form” in the box to the right. Our licensed skin care experts will work with you to minimize discomfort and/or side effects.
- Mild sunburn-like sensation may last 2-24 hours
- Initial flare-up of acne in the first and second session
- Redness or itching
- Temporary blister, bruising, or discomfort
Proper skin care products will be recommended based on your unique needs.
Most people are candidates for BBL Acne, however, an active tan from the sun or tanning beds is not appropriate for BBL treatment.