Tips, Tricks, & Treats for a Healthy Halloween that Won’t Ruin Your Diet
By Alyssa Kessel, RDN, LD, Expert Dietitian
Halloween is coming up soon and you know what that means: parties and sweets! If you are trying to stay healthy this fall, you probably want to be prepared for the overwhelming amounts of empty calories thrown your way. Lucky for you, I have some advice on creating a healthy Halloween and avoiding the scary consequences.
Halloween parties are full of fun distractions, including creative costumes and festive décor, making it more challenging to indulge in food and drinks.
Healthy appetizer recipes…
- Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern bell peppers by It’s Yummi
- Turkey pumpkin white bean chili by SkinnyTaste
- Greek yogurt veggie dip by Tasty
- Easy baked meatballs by Yummy Healthy Easy
- Turkey and cheese cucumber roll-ups by My Home Based Life
- Turkey cheese roll-ups by Dancing Carrots
- Buffalo cauliflower bites by Real House Moms
It’s nearly impossible to avoid the temptations of Halloween candy at the grocery stores right now. The secret to success is calorie intake, which means choosing appropriate portions and being aware of the extra calories that can add up!
- Pumpkin energy balls by Babble
- 5-Minute pumpkin hummus by Veggie Quest
- Halloween sweet potato fries by Tablespoon
- Healthy pumpkin chocolate chip oatmeal cookies by Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Healthy pumpkin muffins by Gimme Some Oven
If you’re attending or hosting a Halloween party this year, I’m sure there will be a festive drink served. Avoid the sugary punch, hot chocolates, and milkshakes by bringing your own tasty drink this Halloween.
Healthy drinks recipes…
- Pumpkin spice smoothie by The Roasted Root
- Apple pie sangria by The Cookie Rookie
- Pumpkin pear chai bourbon smash by Abbey’s Kitchen
- Apple pie mimosa by Abbey’s Kitchen
- Apple and cranberry kombucha sangria by Abbey’s Kitchen
- Pumpkin pie protein smoothie by Sally’s Baking Addiction
Hopefully, this has helped you realize that your health goals and having a fun Halloween don’t have to clash. If you need a weight loss coach this fall, you can read about our weight loss program or fill out our online consultation form to get started with us. We’re here and ready to help you get started. Have a wonderful Halloween!