High Testosterone Benefits for Men and Women
Testosterone is often seen as the quintessential “male” hormone. However, while testosterone levels are generally higher in men, women’s bodies also produce testosterone in the ovaries and adrenal glands. Maintaining optimal testosterone levels well into adulthood can deliver wide-ranging benefits for both men and women. Fortunately, solutions like bioidentical hormone replacement provide ways to restore healthy testosterone function. Let’s explore how proper testosterone functions and a list of high testosterone benefits for both men and women.
Benefits of High Testosterone for Men:
In men, testosterone levels peak during the late teens and early 20s, then gradually decline by roughly 1% per year after age 30. But low testosterone (“low T”) can develop at any age due to factors like chronic stress, obesity, and certain medications or health conditions.
Symptoms of low T may include:
- Loss of muscle mass
- Increased body fat
- Difficulty building strength and muscle
- Decreased bone mineral density
- Fatigue, lack of motivation and depression
- Reduced libido and sexual function
- Decline in sperm count and fertility
- Erectile dysfunction
- Loss of body and facial hair
Optimizing testosterone levels in men provides wide-ranging health and performance benefits:
- Increased muscle mass and strength
- Improved body composition with decreased fat
- Greater bone density and strength
- Elevated mood, motivation and confidence
- Healthy libido and sexual function
- Sustained energy and vitality
If you feel like you’re struggling with any of the above symptoms or looking to gain back some of these benefits, then check our hormone therapy program for men!
High Testosterone Benefits for Women:
While they may need less of it, testosterone still plays important roles in women’s health:
- Sex drive: Testosterone is a contributor to libido in women as well as men. Low testosterone is associated with reduced arousal and sexual receptivity.
- Muscle mass and strength: Higher testosterone levels allow women to increase lean muscle mass more easily through exercise.
- Motivation and assertiveness: Optimal testosterone is associated with energy, drive, focus and inherent motivation to accomplish goals.
- Bone density: Testosterone promotes bone mineral density and strength, helping fend off osteoporosis.
- Athletic performance: Higher testosterone can boost speed, power and endurance for female athletes and regular active women.
- Libido and sexual satisfaction: Testosterone is a core component of sex drive in women. Low T is linked to reduced arousal, vaginal dryness and decreased orgasm intensity.
Learn more about hormone therapy program for women!
Restoring Healthy Testosterone Levels with Bioidentical HRT:
If improving diet, exercise, sleep and stress management fail to relieve low testosterone symptoms, hormone replacement therapy (HRT) may help restore optimal levels.
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) uses plant-derived testosterone molecules identical to the testosterone produced in human bodies. This allows doctors to prescribe precise doses personalized to the patient to restore levels to a healthy range.
Benefits of testosterone pellet therapy and other BHRT methods include:
- Improves low T symptoms in both men and women
- Restores testosterone levels to a healthy, mid-normal range
- Provides steady hormone levels round the clock
- Decreased risk of side effects compared to synthetic hormones
- Delivers testosterone through implantable pellets
- Can be carefully adjusted over time based on lab testing
Bioidentical testosterone replacement offers an effective way for both men and women to sustain levels optimal for preserving youthful health, function and performance. Through precise dosing and ongoing monitoring, BHRT allows patients to benefit from testosterone’s wide-ranging effects on vitality and well-being.
As one can see, the list of high testosterone benefits is hard to ignore. Get started today and have your levels checked to see if hormone therapy is the answer you’ve been looking for! If you’re located near us here in Cincinnati, Ohio then we’d love to help. Fill out our consultation form and we’ll be in touch to get you scheduled for your initial consultation with one of our providers.
Age is just a number— it’s never too late to start or take back control of your health!