3 Simple Tips for Looking Your Best this Thanksgiving When You’re Time-Crunched
By Kaitlyn Hunter, MedSpa Nurse Practitioner
Happy Pre-Thanksgiving! If you’re anything like me, this is one of the most fun times of the year. Friends and family from all over the US gather together to celebrate, share stories, and enjoy each others’ company.
That being said, I do often hear a few common complaints in the MedSpa this time of year:
“Thanksgiving crept up on me, and I haven’t had time to do the little self-care things that keep me feeling good about myself.”
“My family is coming to town and I look so tired – even when I get sleep!”
“I’ve tried 3 different moisturizers and I still have dry skin. Help!”
If any of these sound like you, please don’t fret! I have pulled 3 simple tips you can use to ensure you’re glowing this holiday season – even if you feel like you’re running out of time.
1. Heal cracked skin with quality products
Autumn is here, but before you go dressing the turkey, let’s talk about dressing your face. As the humidity, wind, and temperatures change, your skin’s needs will, too. Here are my top 3 tips for fall skincare:
- Switch to a thicker moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated. Your thin, summer products won’t protect against the wind and could dry your skin out further. One of my favorite winter creams is SkinBetter Hydration Boosting Cream, because it has long-acting moisturizing properties.
- Return to Retinol-based products. Many people with sensitive skin stop using Retinol in the summer because their skin becomes even more sensitive. If you stopped, it’s time to start your anti-aging routine again. I always recommend SkinBetter AlphaRet, because it’ll help exfoliate dry skin off.
- Use a humidifier for extra moisture. As we turn on our furnaces, our skin loses moisture more easily (especially at night). To protect our skin from cracking, hypersensitivity, and eczema flare ups, add moisture back into your air. If your hands are extra prone to cracking, you can add night cream like Aquaphor and wash your face with SkinBetter Daily Enzyme Cleanser before you head to bed.
2. Put some pumpkin spice on your face (yes, really)
Everything these days has a pumpkin spice version, right? Facials are no different. Pumpkin has a lot of health benefits for your skin:
- It’s packed full of pumpkin-orange enzymes that brighten skin and dissolve dead cells
- Antioxidants Vitamin A and Vitamin C soften and relax wrinkles and fine lines
- Vitamin E helps regulate sebum (for oily and acne-prone skin)
Our pumpkin facials include 5 steps to remove dirt and oils from your skin, clear pores, and hydrates and brightens. Each facial includes: cleansing, exfoliation, steam treatment, extractions, and the pumpkin enzyme mask.
3. Say goodbye to the turkey neck with 2 easy treatments
Men and women alike worry about their “double chins” – that extra layer of skin that makes them want to retake photos so it’s not seen. We have two great options:
- Kybella, an injectable alternative to invasive procedures like liposuction. It’s quick, requires no downtime, and results are seen in only a few weeks.
- CoolSculpting, a popular treatment that uses FDA-approved cryolipolysis (freezing temperatures) to eliminate fat cells. Each treatment reduces fat cells by 20-25%. Combined with Z Wave, results are 40-60% more effective!
We personalize your skincare
No two people have the same skin, so why should your skincare products and routine be the same? We believe in personalized care so that you can get the results you want. Each of our MedSpa treatments come with a free consultation so you can voice your concerns and desires.
To schedule a consultation, please fill out our online form or call us at 513-791-9474. We are ready to help you feel confident as you head into the holidays!